One of my greatest frustrations in life is not expressing myself well the first time. I'm always second-guessing and clarifying and backpeddling. The limitations of language are so aggravating! I truly believe that there are not words for most thoughts and feelings. Ok, maybe thoughts because in my world, I think in sentences and often out loud. But, then there's another level of thoughts, feelings and emotions beyond that. I want so badly to be able to express those and I just can't do it... at least not the first time.
I say all of this because today I was frustrated with my inability to express myself: to others and most annoyingly, to myself. It was like having writer's block but in my brain. I wasn't sure how to sort out my own thoughts or even how I felt. It was so strange. I clumsily prayed on the way home and I'm feeling significantly better now. I cried and shook my fist at God about whatever it is that I can't figure out (I figure He already knew). I'm fairly certain he was just laughing.
Hopefully, there will be words on the blank page of my brain tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment