Monday, July 07, 2008

Mediterranean yumminess!

After spending the weekend in Ebensburg (pics to come!), I raced back home and quickly assembled a dinner that started out billed as a Greek feast, but really ended up more as Mediterranean feast. It was my first try at Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) which didn't turn out too badly even though I forgot to drain the excess moisture from the spinach. All of the other things were pretty tried and true or purchased. Since I wasn't home all weekend, I cheated on the hummus and baba ganoush and tzatziki and dolmas. I had intended to make them all from scratch, but there just wasn't time. Regardless, everyone seemed to like them and it went swimmingly!
Chris went to work as presentation stylist so everything looked gorgeous and then I put him in charge of the meat. There are two things I'm not good at cooking: meat and dessert. I love his creativity and meticulousness. I tease him about, but I actually love it. We should put together an intimate dinner party some time. I think we would create a beautiful meal and it would be an amazing experience... nothing would be overlooked. Perfect food, drinks, lighting, sights, sounds and smells would all be covered. Between the two of us, we could totally do that. hmmm....
But, I digress. The dinner was awesome and one of the highlights was that my friend Amanda (from back home) showed up. She is one of my favoritest people and she probably doesn't know it, but I kind of worship her. I would totally be her groupie if it was acceptable to be a groupie for any given individual. So, it was good to get to see her a little last night and let some of her awesomeness rub off on my home! Yay for Amanda living in the area!
Ok, enough effusiveness. Back to work! Pics from the weekend soon.

No comments: