Saturday, September 10, 2005

frazzledness, squirrels, and wire hangers

What an insanely busy week. By Thursday night, I felt so frazzled and disoriented, almost as though I wasn't even myself. Work was just insane this week. I knew I had a lot to get done, but I didn't anticipate all of the other little things that would sap my time one minute at a time. And then, somehow I had an obligation every night. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but lately my weekdays have been chocked full with work and social stuff and then the weekends are the "open" times. Which, I guess is good...it gives me a little breathing room before the next crazy week begins. It's just weird because for a long time, I had plans every weekend and not during the week. Anyways, that's not the point. The point is that it's left me in a bit of a search for myself. Where is the Hyla I always knew? I'm not the frazzled, discombobulated (wow, I don't think I've ever written that word before and I have no idea how to spell it) go-through-the-motions kind of girl. Even when things are crazy, I process things and take time to watch a squirrel eat a nut. (Yes, I actually did that one day. It was awesome! You should make it a point to try to see that at some point in your life.) But, I felt like I was always five minutes late and had to press the next button, get on the next train, and come up with the next joke. But, now that I have a few minutes to process things a bit, I realize that I've somehow allowed life to attack me. I mean, they are things that are necessary and things that I love...like work and church stuff and music stuff, but they sort of usurped authority over my life and in the process have left little, if any, time to pursue the new things I want to be part of my life. My new goals. It doesn't look like the hectic-ness is going to stop anytime soon, though, so I may need to get creative about how to pursue those things. And, how to remain true to myself. Okay, I'm off now. I need to rig up some rods for my new file crate. I wonder if I could manipulate a wire hanger for that?

update: Yes, a wire hanger is actually quite easily manipulated into file rods. Happiness.

No comments: