I'm feeling restless tonight. I didn't want to go out, but now that I'm in, I'm a little lonely. The afternoon alone was good - productive, refreshing, even (gasp) fun. But, then when I sat down tonight with my Beijing style (that's TJ's terminology, not mine) stirfry, it felt a little empty. It's moments like these that it hits me really hard what it means to be single. Every once in a while, I have to be alone when I don't want to be. I didn't want to be out being charming and charismatic, but I would have liked someone here to tease me and dance around the kitchen with a spatula while I cooked. Or, imagine it... cook for me! But, I survived. I had a damn-good meal, thanks to Trader Joe's, and made my rounds in the blogosphere.
Which brings me to the "ten years ago" part of this post. A friend said on her blog that the yahoo blog topic of the day is What were you doing ten years ago? I started thinking about it and you know, I was counting down the days until I was out of my house. I was just about to turn 18 and wanted nothing more than to leave Ebensburg, go to college and pursue my dreams. It's kind of ironic (is it ironic? I don't know) that tonight I would like nothing more than to fix my mom a cup of tea and sit in her kitchen talking about nothing, but knowing that she understands me, if for no other reason than because she's known me the longest.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
1 comment:
Ten years ago...I was getting ready to finish my sophomore year of college at Asbury in Kentucky. My parents were living in Florida at the time and I was going there for the summer. I didn't know anyone there and this would have been my second summer hanging out. Little did I realize that I wouldn't come back to Kentucky and I would end up being part of one of the funnest group of friends. Good times Hyla. Thanks for the lookback :)
bovgi(my word verification word): a japanese anime cow
Post a Comment